Church briefs are devoted to news of upcoming special events and activities for the area religious community.
* The 2019 Summer Worship series, sponsored by the Gettysburg Ministerium, is held Sundays during the summer at 8 a.m. at the Battlefield Amphitheater on Confederate Avenue. Rev. Michael Allwein, St. James Lutheran Church, will lead worship for July 21.
* The 26th annual Biglerville Oakside Community Park Summer Bluegrass Gospel Concert Series continues Sunday, July 21, at 6:30 p.m. with the The C.B. Pickers.
* Bender’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1385 Rentzel Road, Biglerville, will host “Christmas in July” Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Packing Party on Saturday, July 27, at noon. Music will be provided by Donna Kime & Friends. Bring a covered dish or snack to share. Items to be included in the shoe boxes include school supplies, hygiene items and small toys.
* St. Mary’s Church, 256 Tract Road, Fairfield, will be holding an all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner in the parish hall on Sunday, Aug. 18, from 3 to 6 p.m. Dinner includes, spaghetti, meatballs, sausage, salad, bread stick, drinks and dessert. Children under age 6 eat free. For information call 717-642-8815.
* A free grilled chicken dinner and concert by the Hyssongs will be held Aug. 9, sponsored by Tom’s Creek United Methodist Church at the outdoor pavilion near Emmitsburg, Md. The free dinners will be served starting at 5:30 p.m., followed by the concert. All are welcome. Bring lawn chairs and/or blankets. For questions, call 301-502-7494.
* Members of Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish in Abbottstown are joining Father Ho Lung (Missionaries of the Poor) on a Mission Trip to Jamaica Nov. 2-10, 2019, to serve the people. Why not consider joining them? Contact Roy Wainwright at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-619-7243. Find more information at www.ihmparadise.org/29.
* A Community Potluck Dinner is held at 6 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month at Under The Horizon, 2650 Biglerville Road, Gettysburg. If able, bring a dish to share. The studio will provide water, coffee and place settings. Call 717-752-4593 for more information.
* First Baptist Church of Gettysburg, 1015 Chambersburg Road, holds a college-aged ministry (CAM) for ages 18- 25 every Wednesday from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
* Day of Pilgrimage is held Sunday through Friday starting with a 1:30 p.m. Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, 339 S. Seton Ave., Emmitsburg, Md.
* The Clothing Closet at Gettysburg United Methodist Church, High Street, Gettysburg, is open weekdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* The Gettysburg Food Pantry, 153 N. Stratton St. is open every Monday and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* Upper Adams Food Pantry serves soup/sandwiches plus provides food assistance every second and fourth Monday from 6-7:30 p.m., at Centenary Methodist Church, 99 N. Main St., Biglerville. Call 717-677-6951.
* Mt. Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, 4200 Carlisle Road, Gardners, has an outdoor food pantry on the parking lot of the church for those in need. Donations greatly appreciated.
* Immaculate Conception Church Thrift Shop, 5 Carlisle St., New Oxford, has not yet moved and is holding a clothing sale — buy two items, get third item free. Shop hours are Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Questions, call 717-624-1272.
* The St. Vincent Church Thrift Shop, rear 224 Third St., Hanover, is open Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Weekly sales, First Friday specials and Super Sale Saturdays with 50 percent off entire shop.
* Free Fitness Program at Lower Marsh Creek Presbyterian Church, 1865 Knoxlyn Road, Gettysburg, on Thursdays from 1 to 2 p.m.