Church briefs are devoted to news of upcoming special events and activities for the area religious community.
* Benders Lutheran Church, 1385 Rentzel Road, Biglerville, will be having a yard sale today from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Spaces still available. Call 717-677-8297. Many bargains, a food stand, book table with current authors and the Popcorn Lady.
* Emmanuel United Church of Christ, 124 Broadway, Hanover, will welcome representatives from three local nonprofits to speak about their work during worship at 9:30 a.m. on June 9. The church’s Missions & Outreach Committee will host the Hanover Area Council of Churches, Hoffman Homes for Youth, and New Hope Ministries, and will present contributions to each organization. Visit www.emmanuelucc.org.
* Historic Peace Church, located on the corner of St. John’s and Trindle roads, near Camp Hill, will host a “Hymnfest” on Sunday, June 9, at 3 p.m. For more information, call 717-571-5189.
* Hanover Christian Women’s Club will host a luncheon on Wednesday, June 12, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at Cross Keys Restaurant Banquet Room, 6110 York Road, New Oxford. Entrance is at rear of building and is handicap accessible. Lorraine Monica will be the speaker and her topic is entitled “Smores, Embracing the messy, sticky, sweetness of life.” For price and reservations, call Violet (717) 353-3231, or Ruth (717) 633-7360.
* Kids Fun Day at Trinity Christian Fellowship 300 E. York St., Biglerville, on June 15, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Lots of children’s activities. Everything is free. For information, call 717-677-7765.
* Iron Springs BIC Church, 855 Iron Springs Road, Fairfield, will offer free ice cream for kids and teens on June 15, from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Fairfield Mini-Mart. Also, VBS will be held from June 17 to June 21, from 6:15 to 8:15 p.m. FMI: Call 717-642-5492.
* The 2019 Summer Worship series, sponsored by the Gettysburg Ministerium, will be held every Sunday during the summer at 8 a.m. at the Battlefield Amphitheater on Confederate Avenue. Rev. Fred Young, Trinity UCC, will be Rev. Dale Williams, retired, Presbyterian, will be the worship leader for June 16. All are welcome. A free will offering is collected to support the Ministerium Emergency Assistance Fund.
* The 26th annual Biglerville Oakside Community Park Summer Bluegrass Gospel Concert Series kicks off on Sunday, June 16, at 6:30 p.m. with Chapter VII Gospel Quartet. The concerts are held on Sundays through July 28, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Bring lawn chairs. In case of rain, concert held at Centenary United Methodist Church.
* A Community Potluck Dinner is held at 6 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month at Under The Horizon, 2650 Biglerville Road, Gettysburg. If able, bring a dish to share. The studio will provide water, coffee and place settings. Call 717-752-4593 for more information.
* First Baptist Church of Gettysburg, 1015 Chambersburg Road, holds a college-aged ministry (CAM) for ages 18- 25 every Wednesday from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
* Day of Pilgrimage is held Sunday through Friday starting with a 1:30 p.m. Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, 339 S. Seton Ave., Emmitsburg, Md.
* The Clothing Closet at Gettysburg United Methodist Church, High Street, Gettysburg, is open weekdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* The Gettysburg Food Pantry, 153 N. Stratton St. is open every Monday and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* Upper Adams Food Pantry serves soup/sandwiches plus provides food assistance every second and fourth Monday from 6-7:30 p.m., at Centenary Methodist Church, 99 N. Main St., Biglerville. Call 717-677-6951.
* Mt. Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, 4200 Carlisle Road, Gardners, has an outdoor food pantry on the parking lot of the church for those in need. Donations greatly appreciated.
* Immaculate Conception Church Thrift Shop, 5 Carlisle St., New Oxford, is open Monday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call 717-624-1272.
* The St. Vincent Church Thrift Shop, rear 224 Third St., Hanover, is open Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Weekly sales, First Friday specials and Super Sale Saturdays with 50 percent off entire shop.
* Free Fitness Program at Lower Marsh Creek Presbyterian Church, 1865 Knoxlyn Road, Gettysburg, on Thursdays from 1 to 2 p.m.