Church briefs are devoted to news of upcoming special events and activities for the area religious community.
* Bethel Mennonite Church invites all to an 80th Anniversary Celebration on Sunday, June 2, at 10 a.m. at 2335 Biglerville Road, Gettysburg.
* The sanctuary of Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church, 30 Chambersburg St., will be filled with the sound of jazz on Sunday, June 2, at 10:30 a.m. with The Buzz Jones Quintet.
* Church Women United will have their annual picnic on June 5, at 11:30 a.m. at the Gettysburg Church of the Brethren, 1710 Biglerville Road. Bring side dish or dessert to share. The Men’s Interfaith will be guests.
* Benders Lutheran Church, 1385 Rentzel Road, Biglerville, will be having a yard sale on Saturday, June 8, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Spaces still available.
* Emmanuel United Church of Christ, 124 Broadway, Hanover, will welcome representatives from three local nonprofits to speak about their work during worship at 9:30 a.m. on June 9.
* Historic Peace Church, located on the corner of St. John’s and Trindle roads, near Camp Hill, will host a “Hymnfest” on Sunday, June 9, at 3 p.m.
* Hanover Christian Women’s Club will host a luncheon on Wednesday, June 12, from noon to 1:30 p.m. at Cross Keys Restaurant Banquet Room, 6110 York Road, New Oxford. For price and reservations, call Violet (717) 353-3231, or Ruth (717) 633-7360.
* Kids Fun Day at Trinity Christian Fellowship 300 E. York St., Biglerville, on June 15, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Everything is free. For information, call 717-677-7765.
* The 2019 Summer Worship series, sponsored by the Gettysburg Ministerium, will be held every Sunday during the summer at 8 a.m. at the Battlefield Amphitheater on Confederate Avenue. Rev. Fred Young, Trinity UCC, will be Rev. Dale Williams, retired, Presbyterian, will be the worship leader for June 16.
* The 26th annual Biglerville Oakside Community Park Summer Bluegrass Gospel Concert Series kicks off on Sunday, June 16, at 6:30 p.m. with Chapter VII Gospel Quartet. The concerts are held on Sundays through July 28, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Bring lawn chairs.
* A Community Potluck Dinner is held at 6 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month at Under The Horizon, 2650 Biglerville Road, Gettysburg. If able, bring a dish to share. The studio will provide water, coffee and place settings. Call 717-752-4593 for more information.