Church briefs are devoted to news of upcoming special events and activities for the area religious community.
* The 2019 Summer Worship series, sponsored by the Gettysburg Ministerium, is held Sundays during the summer at 8 a.m. at the Battlefield Amphitheater on Confederate Avenue. Bishop Jeff Eakins, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, will lead worship on July 28.
* The 26th annual Biglerville Oakside Community Park Summer Bluegrass Gospel Concert Series concludes Sunday, July 28, at 6:30 p.m. with The Weaver Believer Survival Revival.
* Bender’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1385 Rentzel Road, Biglerville, will host “Christmas in July” Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Packing Party on Saturday, July 27, at noon, Bring a covered dish.
* Church Women United invites all local church women to its meeting and luncheon on Wednesday, Aug. 7, 11:30 a.m., at the Gettysburg Church of the Brethren, 1710 Biglerville Road. Guest speaker, Lizzy Cooper, will talk about the Gleaning Project. No reservations needed.
* St. Mary’s Church, 256 Tract Road, Fairfield, will hold an all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner in the parish hall on Sunday, Aug. 18, from 3 to 6 p.m. Children under age 6 eat free.
* A free grilled chicken dinner with concert by the Hyssongs will be held Aug. 9, sponsored by Tom’s Creek United Methodist Church, Emmitsburg, Md. The dinners will be served starting at 5:30 p.m., followed by the concert. Bring lawn chairs/blankets.
* Iron Springs BIC, 855 Iron Springs Road, Fairfield, will hold a Hymn Sing and carry-in meal on Aug. 18, from 4 to 7 p.m.
* The Conewago District Council of Catholic Women will hold the 82nd Annual District Mass and Dinner, Thursday, Sept. 12, at Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Abbottstown, at 6 p.m. For reservations, contact Pat Slonaker at 717-624-3245 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug. 30.
* Wesley Chapel UMC Fall Festival, is set for Saturday, Sept. 21, noon to 5 p.m. Rain or shine. Music by “The Bluegrass Chapel Band” from 2-5 pm.
* Members of Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish in Abbottstown are joining Father Ho Lung (Missionaries of the Poor) on a Mission Trip to Jamaica Nov. 2-10, 2019, to serve the people. To join them, contact Roy Wainwright at email@example.com or 717-619-7243.
* A Community Potluck Dinner is held at 6 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month at Under The Horizon, 2650 Biglerville Road, Gettysburg. Call 717-752-4593 for more information.
* First Baptist Church of Gettysburg, 1015 Chambersburg Road, holds a college-aged ministry (CAM) for ages 18- 25 every Wednesday from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
* Day of Pilgrimage is held Sunday through Friday starting with a 1:30 p.m. Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, 339 S. Seton Ave., Emmitsburg, Md.
* The Clothing Closet at Gettysburg United Methodist Church, High Street, Gettysburg, is open weekdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* The Gettysburg Food Pantry, 153 N. Stratton St. is open every Monday and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* Upper Adams Food Pantry serves soup/sandwiches plus provides food assistance every second and fourth Monday from 6-7:30 p.m., at Centenary Methodist Church, 99 N. Main St., Biglerville. Call 717-677-6951.
* Mt. Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, 4200 Carlisle Road, Gardners, has an outdoor food pantry on the parking lot of the church for those in need. Donations greatly appreciated.
* Immaculate Conception Church Thrift Shop, 5 Carlisle St., New Oxford, has not yet moved and is holding a clothing sale — buy two items, get third item free. Shop hours are Monday to Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Questions, call 717-624-1272.
* The St. Vincent Church Thrift Shop, rear 224 Third St., Hanover, is open Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Weekly sales, First Friday specials and Super Sale Saturdays with 50 percent off entire shop.
* Free Fitness Program at Lower Marsh Creek Presbyterian Church, 1865 Knoxlyn Road, Gettysburg, on Thursdays from 1 to 2 p.m.