Church briefs are devoted to news of upcoming special events and activities for the area religious community.
* The 2019 Summer Worship series, sponsored by the Gettysburg Ministerium, will be held every Sunday during the summer at 8 a.m. at the Battlefield Amphitheater on Confederate Avenue. Rev. Fred Young, Trinity UCC, will be the worship leader for June 23. A free will offering is collected to support the Ministerium Emergency Assistance Fund.
* The 26th annual Biglerville Oakside Community Park Summer Bluegrass Gospel Concert Series continues on Sunday, June 23, at 6:30 p.m. with Hagan’s Family Ministries. The concerts are held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Bring lawn chairs. In case of rain, concert held at Centenary United Methodist Church.
* St. John Lutheran, Fairfield, will hold Vacation Bible School June 24-27, from 6-8 p.m. All children ages preschool through fifth grade are welcome to attend.Call 717-337-3452.
* Prayer Breakfast for Saturday, June 29, at St. Paul’s Church, Biglerville, has been cancelled.
* A Community Potluck Dinner is held at 6 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month at Under The Horizon, 2650 Biglerville Road, Gettysburg. If able, bring a dish to share. The studio will provide water, coffee and place settings. Call 717-752-4593.
* First Baptist Church of Gettysburg, 1015 Chambersburg Road, holds a college-aged ministry (CAM) for ages 18- 25 every Wednesday from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
* Day of Pilgrimage is held Sunday through Friday starting with a 1:30 p.m. Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, 339 S. Seton Ave., Emmitsburg, Md.
* The Clothing Closet at Gettysburg United Methodist Church, High Street, Gettysburg, is open weekdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* The Gettysburg Food Pantry, 153 N. Stratton St. is open every Monday and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* Upper Adams Food Pantry serves soup/sandwiches plus provides food assistance every second and fourth Monday from 6-7:30 p.m., at Centenary Methodist Church, 99 N. Main St., Biglerville. Call 717-677-6951.
* Mt. Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, 4200 Carlisle Road, Gardners, has an outdoor food pantry on the parking lot of the church for those in need. Donations greatly appreciated.
* Immaculate Conception Church Thrift Shop, 5 Carlisle St., New Oxford, is having a 50 percent off moving sale from now until June 29, before relocating to the Immaculate Conception School, N. Peter’s Street, opening on Monday, July 15. Shop hours are Monday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call 717-624-1272.
* The St. Vincent Church Thrift Shop, rear 224 Third St., Hanover, is open Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Weekly sales, First Friday specials and Super Sale Saturdays with 50 percent off entire shop.
* Free Fitness Program at Lower Marsh Creek Presbyterian Church, 1865 Knoxlyn Road, Gettysburg, on Thursdays from 1 to 2 p.m.