Church briefs are devoted to news of upcoming special events and activities for the area religious community.
* Orders placed for barbecue rib or chicken dinners at Trinity Christian Fellowship, 300 E. York St., Biglerville, can be picked up at noon today during the church yard sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Redeemer’s United Church of Christ, 107 E. King St., Littlestown, will hold its 7th Annual May Market on May 4, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., in the handicapped-accessible church Social Hall. Many handmade crafts, live plants, rummage sale items, baked goods, as well as raffles. Contact church office at 717-359-4019 or email email@example.com.
* Christian recording artist Randy Simpson will perform at Mt. Olivet Church of UB in Christ, 710 Guernsey Road, Aspers, on May 5, at 9 a.m. Call the church at 717-677-6329 for more information.
* MOPS (Mothers of preschoolers, ages birth to 5) will meet May 8, from 9:15 to 11:15 a.m., at Gettysburg Church of the Nazarene, 1110 Fairfield Road, Gettysburg. Child care provided. Call 717-334-3209 for more information.
* Come to The Banquet is a day of parish renewal at Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish in Abbottstown, on Saturday, May 11, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. featuring an inspiring talk by Fr. Stan Fortuna, CFR, followed by a colorful food festival of ethnic cuisine at noon, and ending with a concert performance. Proceeds benefit the Franciscan Friar’s Homeless Shelter and Youth Center for the poor in the Bronx. For more information call 717- 259- 0611 or Luz Socrates at 717-873-3650.
* Designer Purse Cash Bingo on Sunday, May 19, at Delone Catholic High School, McSherrystown. Doors open at 12:30 p.m. Games start at 2 p.m., with 20 regular games of bingo with designer purse and cash prizes, as well as other games. Concessions available for purchase. Benefits local Catholic schools. For tickets/info, call 717-814-0265 or stop by East Berlin Pharmacy in East Berlin or Choice Family Pharmacy in McSherrystown.
* St. Francis Xavier Church will hold a Rummage Sale at Xavier Center, 465 Table Rock Road, Gettysburg, on Saturday, May 25, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Items include clothing, small household items, jewelry, books, toys, games and more. For more information call 717-334-3298.
* A mini-retreat called “Into the Deep” with speaker Dan Burke will be held June 1, from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (Mass at 8 a.m.) at St Mary’s Parish Hall, 256 Tract Rd, Fairfield. St. Mary’s and St Rita’s are hosting this retreat. For cost, which includes gift bag and snacks, call 717-642-8815.
* Bethel Mennonite Church invites all to an 80th Anniversary Celebration on Sunday, June 2, at 10 a.m. at 2335 Biglerville Road, Gettysburg. The commemorative worship service will include a history presentation and a time of sharing. A Fellowship Meal will be served after the service. For more info, visit www.bmcgettysburg.church, call 717-420-5655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Trinity United Church of Christ, Gettysburg, is sponsoring a bus trip to The Museum of the Bible in Washington, DC on Saturday, June 15. Admission to the museum is included in the cost per person. The bus will depart from Trinity, located at 60 East High St., Gettysburg, at 7:30 a.m. and return around 7 p.m. For cost and to register for the trip, call Trinity UCC at 717-334-7266.
* A Community Potluck Dinner is held at 6 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month at Under The Horizon, 2650 Biglerville Road, Gettysburg. If able, bring a dish to share. The studio will provide water, coffee and place settings. Call 717-752-4593 for more information.
* First Baptist Church of Gettysburg, 1015 Chambersburg Road, holds a college-aged ministry (CAM) for ages 18- 25 every Wednesday from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
* Day of Pilgrimage is held Sunday through Friday starting with a 1:30 p.m. Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, 339 S. Seton Ave., Emmitsburg, Md.
* The Clothing Closet at Gettysburg United Methodist Church, High Street, Gettysburg, is open weekdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* The Gettysburg Food Pantry, 153 N. Stratton St. is open every Monday and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
* Upper Adams Food Pantry serves soup/sandwiches plus provides food assistance every second and fourth Monday from 6-7:30 p.m., at Centenary Methodist Church, 99 N. Main St., Biglerville. Call 717-677-6951.
* Mt. Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, 4200 Carlisle Road, Gardners, has an outdoor food pantry on the parking lot of the church for those in need. Donations greatly appreciated.
* Immaculate Conception Church Thrift Shop, 5 Carlisle St., New Oxford, is open Monday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call 717-624-1272.
* The St. Vincent Church Thrift Shop, rear 224 Third St., Hanover, is open Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Weekly sales, First Friday specials and Super Sale Saturdays with 50 percent off entire shop.
* Free Fitness Program at Lower Marsh Creek Presbyterian Church, 1865 Knoxlyn Road, Gettysburg, on Thursdays from 1 to 2 p.m.