We bid you Hello and Welcome to the news of Upper Adams areas. Hope everyone had a safe and Happy July 4th holiday — the 243rd birthday of America, the land that we love. Weather and fireworks were great, lights of fireflies even helped to brighten the nights, in between thunder/lightning/rain and H-H-H. It was a joy to attend church services with patriotic programs. Hope everyone had a chance to spend time with families and friends. Now is the time to enjoy summer events, attend church and many other events such as carnivals, meals, bingos, yard sales, and more — but take it easy with heat and humidity. Don’t forget to drink lots of water, pace yourself, drive with extra care. Please keep in touch with this friendly, weekly column in Friday’s Gettysburg Times.
We love to share the news with you. Your items welcome to 717-677-7554 or send data to me at Box 94, Bendersville, before Tuesday, to let us know the latest news.
Birthday wishes go to: Caitlyn (Inman) Mathis on July 6; Mary Kuntz, Bendersville, Wayne Rogers, Biglerville, Harry Hartman, our very own publisher of the Gettysburg Times, all on July 8; Evelyn Kimmel, Aspers, July 10 and to Cole Sookhoo, Arendtsville, July 12. Enjoy for many more.
It means so much to keep in touch: A Thinking of You card shower with prayers, would be appreciated for Delmar Crum, for birthday July 8 (formerly of Upper Adams). Please send to 11 Amherst Drive, Camp Hill, Pa. l7011. Good luck and God Bless you, Delmar.
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to: Jim and Barb May, Biglerville (61), on July 6; Dave and Diane Poist, New Oxford, and to Jim and Beth Shank, Orrtanna, July 12. Enjoy for more!
Vacation Bible Schools are in process and so nice to attend. Here are a few that we knew of, so, check them out and take children ages 3 to Grade 6 for these programs of “ROAR” Life is Wild — God is Good” for times/places on:
* July 8 to 12, 6:15-8 p.m. at Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church, 38 North Street, Arendtsville. Call: 717-677-8921
* July 22-26, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at Idaville United Brethren Church, 3590 Carlisle Road, Gardners. Call: 717-677-8076.
Hope you have your calendar handy for here are some special updates of:
Saturday, July 6
* 4 p.m. Here is one you won’t want to miss. A free Patriotic Concert by the National Christian Choir at Gettysburg High School. For more details, please call 717-321-3149. Thanks, Ginny.
Sunday, July 7
* 6:30 p.m. Take time to journey to beautiful Oakside Community Park, Biglerville, to enjoy Gospel Concerts, rain or shine. This week features “Iron Ridge,” so bring family, friends, lawn chairs, blankets, etc. and enjoy with free will offering. If inclement weather, it will be at Centenary UM Church, Biglerville.
Monday, July 8
* Note: Upper Adams Food Pantry open and has expanded their hours to include 3rd Wednesday of each month 11 a.m.-1 p.m. for those in need.
Tuesday, July 9
* 5:30 p.m. Upper Adams Red Hats Apple Darlins & Country Bumpkins will enjoy a covered-dish Picnic at Ron and Mary Myers lovely Farm, Wenksville. (We Red Hats love to enjoy times together!)
* We bid farewell and wish Good Luck to Dr. Sara Ionescu, MD, Wellspan, Aspers, as she moves on to Texas. Thanks for all the help. We will miss you. Please keep in touch.
Wednesday, July 10
* 1 p.m. Welcome to the Biglerville Senior Citizens meeting at Harbold/Thomas Library, Biglerville. Join us for the fun, fellowship, refreshments — and special program by Carol Rex. Bring a friend.
Just a reminder:
* Hollabaugh Brothers Farm Market, Biglerville, continues various programs for children, so, please keep in touch of many events in the Gettysburg Times for dates. For more info: 717-677-8412.
* The Annual Cutshall Reunion will be held July 14, noon to dusk, at Oakside Community Park, Biglerville, (Pavilion 1). FMI: please contact 717-337-3047. Always a great time with family and friends.
* Annual Arnsberger Reunion will be held July 28, 1 p.m. at Centenary UMC, Biglerville. Come enjoy food, fun and fellowship.
Thought of the week: Hope these caring thoughts lift you up and that you have great days and a good week until we meet again. Please keep in touch.