Hello and welcome to the news of Upper Adams as June 2019 arrives with some sunshine, warmer (muggy) with rain and thunderstorms. Hope everyone had a safe and happy Memorial Day holiday. Many thanks to all for the great events. America is such a wonderful country, despite some ups and downs. We would like to express thanks to those who preserve our freedoms, especially the right to pray and worship freely. Remember to give your thanks to God for the blessings we do share and please pray for peace for our troops/families, and for good health and happiness. Be careful when out and about and buckle up for safety. We love to meet and greet you each Friday in the Gettysburg Times. Have a nice week, enjoy what you can whenever and often as you can.
If you would like to share your news, please call 717-677-7554, as I begin my 30th year sharing the news of Upper Adams (which I love to do), and hope to continue with God’s help, you readers, Bre, Holly, and my fellow co-workers. Let’s keep it going!!
We send birthday wishes to: Ed Staley, Aspers, June 4; Gary Fox, Aspers, June 5, Joshua and Eli Tuckey, sons of Nate and Kate Tuckey, Gardners, on June 7.
It means so much to keep in touch: Prayers, cards and thoughts would be appreciated for Wayne Golladay, 120 Knoxlyn Road, Gettysburg, Pa. 17325 for his 90th birthday June 7, 2019. Enjoy!
Family of Gary Wagaman wish to express thanks to everyone for the prayers, cards, thoughts, and acts of kindness following death of their loved one.
Congratulations and anniversary wishes to: Mike and Vanessa Shank, Gardners, on June 6, and to Dave and Carol Beam, Aspers, June 8; Tim and Betty Wicker, Biglerville, on June 10, and to Clair and Joan Trostle, c/o Brethren Home, New Oxford, observing 69 years together on June 10.
* All 2019 Graduates — you made it! Good Luck.
*Larry Kennedy, with 56 years at Upper Adams Color Day!
* Canners Baseball Team, District 3 Class 3A Play-offs. Great teamwork!
In this busy world, time to check out and go to some upcoming events of:
Saturday, June 1
* Noon — Time to Fish for Fun at annual Fish Rodeo by Upper Adams Fish & Game Club, Coon Road, Gardners. Catch of the day could be elusive trout, or possibly the money envelopes. Good luck! Also members check out the upcoming trap/claybird shoots. Mark calendar for the Annual Family Picnic on June 15 with a variety of events.
June 1 and 2
* Don’t miss the Strawberry Festival at Hollabaugh Brothers Fruit Market, Biglerville. Plenty to see and do, enjoy fruits/veggies and so much more. FMI: 717-677-8412.
Sunday, June 2
* Noon. Annual Carey Reunion will be held at lovely Oakside Park, Biglerville. Please bring covered dish. Chicken provided. Enjoy fun, memories, fellowship.
Tuesday, June 4
* 7:45 a.m. All are welcome to Upper Adams Prayer Breakfast at lovely Apple Bin Restaurant, Route 234, Biglerville, with inspiring message by Pastor Peter Lagerman of Gettysburg Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day of Saints. Share prayers, music and fellowship.
* 6 p.m. Welcome to Biglerville Garden Club at the Harbaugh/Thomas Library, Biglerville with a Plant Exchange, so bring plants to share. Guests and new member always welcome. FMI/info: Call 717-253-160l. Also, mark June 8, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. to help celebrate the Club’s 65th Anniversary during National Garden Week. Don’t miss it!
* 7 p.m. Just received word for old-fashioned Bingo, with baskets containing cash or gift card, held by Vigilant Hose Co. Auxiliaries at VHC Building, 17701 Creamery Road, Emmitsburg. Refreshments for sale.
Wednesday, June 5
* 11:30 a.m. Church of the Brethren, Biglerville Road, extends welcome to their annual picnic (indoors), held rain or shine. Please bring salad, side dish or dessert. Hot dogs, beverage provided. Men’s Interfaith will be guests. FMI: Cheryl 717-337-2938.
Thursday, June 6
* 6:30 p.m. We love “once a month Bingo” by Biglerville Ladies Auxiliary at the fire hall. Lots of fun, fellowship, tasty food for sale.
Friday, June 7
* 6 p.m. Popular Meat Raffle by Bendersville Community Fire Co., with free admission and hot meal, awaits you come on, join us!
Saturday, June 8
* 8 a.m.-2 p.m. It’s a big one for the Bender’s Church Community Yard Sale, 1385 Rentzel Road, near Biglerville, with bargain shopping, good food, variety of items and fun. Spaces available at $10 for good used or new items. FMI: Call Josie 717-677-8297.
Enough of this chitter-chatter for the week. Mark calendars and go (if able). Please keep in touch for more next time and may God be with you!
* Thought of the week: You are the someone who cares and the someone who shares — Always a pleasure to meet and greet you!