Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) plans work on numerous roads throughout the county this week.
“Please exercise extreme caution when traveling in our work zones to ensure safety of our employees as well as your own safety,” PennDOT advised.
Four roads will undergo pipe replacements. These roads will be reduced to a single lane of traffic with a flagger:
• Fish & Game Road in Germany Township on Tuesday
• Two Taverns Road, Mt. Joy Township, Wednesday
• Whitehall Road, Mt. Pleasant Township, Thursday
• Race Horse Road, Conewago Township, Friday
One lane will be closed on U.S. Route 15 through Cumberland Township Tuesday through Friday to allow PennDot to wash bearing bridges.
Other road work during the week includes:
• Buchanan Valley Road, (state Route 234) in Franklin Township will be reduced to a single lane of traffic Tuesday through Friday while PennDOT does bank removal
• Knoxlyn Road, Highland Township, single lane traffic, Tuesday through Friday, boom mowing
• York Road (U.S. Route 30), Oxford and Berwick townships, lane merge, Tuesday through Friday, crack sealing
• Quaker Valley Road, Menallen Township, single lane traffic, Tuesday, ditching
Road concerns may be addressed by calling 1-800-FIX-ROAD; if calling after hours, leave a name and phone number.
“This schedule is subject to change due to weather conditions, emergencies or other unforeseen interruptions,” according to PennDOT.