The Rotary Club of Gettysburg has awarded $8,000 in scholarships to five local high school seniors. The recipients are:
- Samantha Schulteis, Biglerville High School, planning to study Environmental Sciences at The Pennsylvania State University.
- Abigal Godard, Fairfield Area High School, planning to study Cyber Security at Mount Saint Mary’s University,
- Julia Geesaman, Gettysburg Area High School, planning to study Mathematics and Computer Science at Millersville University.
- Lun Cing, Gettysburg Area High School, planning to study Biology and Pre-Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Robert Weaver, Biglerville High School, planning to study Mathematics at York College.
The Rotary Club’s scholarship program was established in 1956 when a bequest by former Club President Charles Eicholtz provided initial money for a scholarship fund. Those funds have been added to throughout the years, and today those invested funds allow the club to continue to make awards each year to outstanding students. Additional funding for this year was provided by the generous sponsors of the Rotary Club Lobster Dinner: Adams County Winery, Dr. Jody Dickey, Gettysburg Pediatrics, Adams Electric Cooperative, and Members First Federal Credit Union.
Scholarships are available each year to students at Fairfield, Biglerville, and Gettysburg high schools, as well as private and homeschooled students living in those districts. Funding is available for vocational training and post-secondary academic majors. For more information on the Rotary Club of Gettysburg’s scholarship program, visit rotaryclubofgettysburg.org.