Church briefs are devoted to upcoming events and activities of the area religious community.
* Eagle Ridge Biker Church will host the 3rd annual Bike Ride to benefit Operation Veterans Hope is Saturday, May 20. Registration begins at 9 a.m. Bike Blessing at 10 a.m. Kickstands up at 11 a.m. Around 12:15 p.m., food available by American Legion Post 674 Mt. Holly Springs and Texas Tom and Entertainment by Hit N Run. Other vendors will be on site, including The Patch Lady, The Popcorn Lady of PA, Visual Art by Floyd Barrick, 4 Paws 4 a Cause, Radical Son Ministry, Celebrate Recovery, Cal’s Hope, and Helping Heart Missions at Uriah. Cost for the event is $20 per rider, $10 per passenger and $10 for non-riders. Proceeds from this event will go to Operation Veterans Hope. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church at 717-486-7543. Address is Uriah Community Church / Eagle Ridge Biker Church, 925 Goodyear Road, Gardners. Check it out on Facebook.
* UUG Animal Ministry Craft Fair and Fundraiser is Saturday, June 3, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 136 S. Stratton St., Gettysburg. There will be animal-themed items, crafts, rescue groups, information and more. Stop by before or after the Pride Parade.
* There is a drive-thru food pantry from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on the first Saturday of each month at GBC Church, 95 Fairview Road, Gettysburg, while supplies last. Visitors are asked to stay in their vehicles while they wait. Visit www.gbcchurch.com for more information.
* The Gettysburg Food Pantry, 153 N. Stratton St., is open every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. to help those in need.
* Mt. Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, 4200 Carlisle Road, Gardners, has an outdoor food pantry on the church parking for those in need. Upper Bermudian Lutheran Church, 185 Ground Oak Church Road, Gardners, also has an outdoor food pantry located near the church on the parking lot. Donations to help with either of the food pantries appreciated.
* Upper Adams Food Pantry, located in Centenary United Methodist Church, 99 N. Main St., serves families in the Upper Adams School District; second and fourth Mondays, 6-7:30 p.m. with meal; and the third Wednesday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for food distribution. For more information, call 717-262-8960.
* Anyone who enjoys knitting/crocheting as a hobby or wants to learn to knit is invited to join a group at Memorial Baptist Church, 1096 Biglerville Road, Gettysburg, the first and third Thursdays of each month, 12:30-2:30 p.m. There is no charge for fellowship, fun and knitting. Call Marybeth at 484-505-0470 for more information.
* The expanded Clothing Closet at Gettysburg United Methodist Church, 30 W. High St., is open with deals on many spring and summer clothing items. Open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Vouchers for free clothing are accepted from certain community service organizations; voucher applications are available for completion at the Clothing Closet. Prices range from .25 cents to $2.50.
* St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, 20 S. Peters St., New Oxford, is hosting church dinners on the first and third Wednesdays of each month at 6 p.m. It is a covered dish dinner. Dress is casual. There will be singing, prayers, Bible reading and fellowship. All are welcome. Call 717-624-4238 for more information.
* Gettysburg Seventh-day Adventist Church, 1495 Biglerville Road, will host a free Bible Marking Class for 28 weeks on Wednesdays at 2 and 6 p.m. Learn to have Bible verses at the tip of your fingers when you need them most.
* Bethel Mennonite Church is hosting a Bible study using the book “Becoming a Vessel God Can Use” by Donna Partrow on Fridays at 10 a.m. Anyone is welcome to join.
* Gettysburg Seventh-day Adventist Church, 1495 Biglerville Road, will offer a free Vegetarian and Vegan Dinner Club weekly on Thursdays at 6 p.m. Dinner is served with preparation instructions and health nuggets. There is no charge for the dinner, however a love offering will be accepted.
* Fairfield Mennonite Church, 201 W. Main St., hosts a free adult discussion group Sundays at 9:30 a.m., all welcome. Worship services are at 10:30 a.m. For more information, call 717-642-8936.
* Gettysburg Church of the Brethren, 1710 Biglerville Road, is developing 20-by-20-foot garden plots (400 square feet) as part of its Brethren Community Garden for those who would like to grow their own vegetables or flowers but don’t have available space. Registration is required and now open by calling 717-334-5066 or email email@example.com.
* Benders Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1385 Rentzel Road, will hold a yard sale on Saturday, June 10, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Vendors are needed. Call Josie at 717-677-8297 or church office at 717-677-7409.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.