Church briefs are devoted to upcoming special events and activities for members of the area religious community.
* St. Mary’s Church, 256 Tract Road, Fairfield, will hold an all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner in the parish hall on Sunday, Aug. 22, from 3 to 6 p.m. Dinner includes, spaghetti, meatballs, sausage, salad, bread stick, drinks and dessert. The cost is $8 for adults; $5 for children 6 to 12; and children under 6 eat free. Carry outs are available. For information, call 717-642-8815.
* Everyone is invited to attend Gettysburg Presbyterian Church‘s Outdoor Worship Service at Gettysburg Recreation Park Sunday, Aug. 1, at 10 a.m. There will be golf cart rides available from the parking lot at the Sterner Building for those who need a help getting to the amphitheater. Bring your lawn chair, and your friends.
*Battlefield Amphitheater Worship Series: The Gettysburg Ministerium sponsors an interdenominational worship service at the Gettysburg Battlefield Amphitheater each Sunday throughout the summer at 8 a.m. This Sunday’s speaker is Chaplain Angel Perez, director of ministries for Adams County Adult Correctional Complex. The amphitheater is located on Confederate Avenue. All are welcome.
* Lower Marsh Creek Presbyterian Church will host a tour to Scotland, home to a rich spiritual heritage, Oct. 8-17. For information and a registration packet, contact Pastor Mark Englund-Krieger, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Dale Williams, email@example.com.
*There is a drive-thru food pantry from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on the first Saturday of each month at GBC Church, 95 Fairview Road, Gettysburg, while supplies last. Visitors are asked to stay in their vehicles while they wait. Visit www.gbcchurch.com for more information.
* Upper Adams Prayer Breakfast postponed indefinitely.
* Gettysburg United Methodist Church’s Clothing Closet is open 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. weekdays.
* The Gettysburg Food Pantry, 153 N. Stratton St., is open every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. to help those in need.
* Mt. Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, 4200 Carlisle Road, Gardners, has an outdoor food pantry on the church parking for those in need. Upper Bermudian Lutheran Church, 185 Ground Oak Church Road, Gardners, also has an outdoor food pantry located near the church on the parking lot. Donations to help with either of the food pantries will be greatly appreciated.
* “Experiencing God” study group will meet weekly in-person at Bethel Mennonite Church, 2335 Biglerville Road, Gettysburg. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-420-5655 for information.