Church briefs are devoted to upcoming special events and activities for members of the area religious community.
* Salem Guldens UMC is hosting a soup and bake sale from 9 a.m. to noon, today, April 17, at 224 Low Dutch Road, Gettysburg. The first section of stain glass restoration has begun. The next sale will be of the vendor/yard/soup/bake variety, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on May 21 and May 22. There will be a break during the summer.
* Bethel Mennonite Church is hosting a Community Yard Sale in the parking lot and lawn on Saturday, April 24, at 2335 Biglerville Road. Many vendors, good parking. For more information contact bmcgettysburg.church or call 717-420-5655.
* St. James UCC, 1200 Harney Road, Littlestown, is having a BBQ Chicken Dinner at ACE Parking lot in Littlestown on Saturday, April 24, starting at 11 am. For more info please call 717-359-8892.
*Salem Golden’s UM Church, 224 Low Dutch Road, Gettysburg, will hold its annual spring indoor/outdoor vendor bake and soup sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday May 21, and Saturday May 22. Potential vendors should call Cathy Smith, email@example.com or text message 717-353-1775. Proceeds go toward the stained glass restoration project. Come see the first completed installment.
* Lower Marsh Creek Presbyterian Church will host a tour to Scotland, home to a rich spiritual heritage, Oct. 8-17. For information and a registration packet, contact Pastor Mark Englund-Krieger (firstname.lastname@example.org; or Dale Williams, email@example.com.
*There is a drive-thru food pantry from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on the first Saturday of each month at GBC Church, 95 Fairview Road, Gettysburg, while supplies last. Visitors are asked to stay in their vehicles while they wait. Visit www.gbcchurch.com for more information.
* Upper Adams Prayer Breakfast postponed indefinitely.
* Gettysburg United Methodist Church’s Clothing Closet is open 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. weekdays.
* The Gettysburg Food Pantry, 153 N. Stratton St., is open every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. to help those in need.
* Mt. Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, 4200 Carlisle Road, Gardners, has an outdoor food pantry on the church parking for those in need. Upper Bermudian Lutheran Church, 185 Ground Oak Church Road, Gardners, also has an outdoor food pantry located near the church on the parking lot. Donations to help with either of the food pantries will be greatly appreciated.
* Grace United Church of Christ (GUCC), 49 W. Baltimore St., Taneytown, Md., is holding a Spring Raffle Fundraiser in place of its usual Spring Bingo. This is a 31 Bag Raffle with the winner to be drawn on Sunday, April 25. Tickets are $5 each or 3/$10. Call Joan at 410-756-2043 for tickets, or pick up tickets at Grace UCC on Saturdays, April 17 and 24, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Proceeds will benefit local and community projects through GUCC Lay, Life and Work Committee.
* The United Methodist Churches of Upper Adams and Gettysburg continue the series Spring of Promise with the sermon “Come To Me & I Will Give You Rest” with Pastor Melissa Madara preaching. Please join us at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, April 21 at the Amphitheater at Oakside Community Park at 2880 Table Rock Road in Biglerville.
* Lower Marsh Creek Presbyterian Church, 1865 Knoxlyn Road, Gettysburg, will participate in the National Day of Prayer Vigil on Thursday, May 6, at 9 a.m. Join us in our Peace Garden to pray for area, our country and our world.