Church briefs are devoted to upcoming special events and activities for members of the area religious community.
* Salem Guldens UMC, 224 Low Dutch Road, Gettysburg, is hosting a vendor, yard, soup, bake sale from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on May 21 and May 22. There will be a break during the summer.
* Lower Marsh Creek Presbyterian Church will host a tour to Scotland, home to a rich spiritual heritage, Oct. 8-17. For information and a registration packet, contact Pastor Mark Englund-Krieger (firstname.lastname@example.org; or Dale Williams, email@example.com.
*There is a drive-thru food pantry from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on the first Saturday of each month at GBC Church, 95 Fairview Road, Gettysburg, while supplies last. Visitors are asked to stay in their vehicles while they wait. Visit www.gbcchurch.com for more information.
* Upper Adams Prayer Breakfast postponed indefinitely.
* Gettysburg United Methodist Church’s Clothing Closet is open 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. weekdays.
* The Gettysburg Food Pantry, 153 N. Stratton St., is open every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. to help those in need.
* Mt. Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, 4200 Carlisle Road, Gardners, has an outdoor food pantry on the church parking for those in need. Upper Bermudian Lutheran Church, 185 Ground Oak Church Road, Gardners, also has an outdoor food pantry located near the church on the parking lot. Donations to help with either of the food pantries will be greatly appreciated.
* The United Methodist Churches of Upper Adams and Gettysburg continue the series Spring of Promise with the sermon “The Holy Spirit Will Teach You” with Pastor Tom Phillips preaching. Please join us at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, May 5 at the Amphitheater at Oakside Community Park at 2880 Table Rock Road in Biglerville.
* Lower Marsh Creek Presbyterian Church, 1865 Knoxlyn Road, Gettysburg, will participate in the National Day of Prayer Vigil on Thursday, May 6, at 9 a.m. Join us in our Peace Garden to pray for area, our country and our world.